Friday, January 29, 2010

Australia Day Festivities

Australia Day was full of excitement & fun at our place. Charlene & Caleb arrived in the morning. We were all so excited & pleased to see them. We have missed them sooooo much! After getting them settled we had some handyman work to do. I went around & sealed all the holes & gaps I could find with Selleys Space Invader. No spiders can come out of the ceiling & walls now, very happy about that. Then we decided to do some Aussie games. We came up with 4 we could do. Sheep roundup, Thong Throwing, Fly Swat Race & Dirt Boarding. No sheep were harmed in the Australia Day festivities. I cannot say the same for the thongs though!
Charlene arrives, yay!!!! I missed her so much.

Charlene & gorgeous baby Caleb are finally here to visit.


Caleb gets a warm & loving welcome.


The huge hole in the ceiling. I know it looks like a shocking job but I havent finished yet.


Handyman Bree is on the job! Now I just need to sand & paint it...no spiders are getting in there anymore.


The target.

The idea was to get the sheep into a corner so we could try & touch one...we were not very successful!

The roundup begins!


Colton burnt off some energy chasing the sheep around the entire paddock.


On the run.....


Wyatt & Taylan close the gap.


Colton slowly closes in on the sheep from the other direction.


Tyrus helping corner the sheep. Seconds later they take off & escape.

Collecting the witches hats for our Thong Throwing contest.

The witches hats were left lying around in the sheep paddock by the last tentants, so we put them to good use.

Taylan has his turn at Thong Throwing.

Tyrus winds up for his throw.


Wyatt has his turn at the Thong Throwing contest. He did a mighty throw!

Taylan & Tyrus having a Fly Swat race.

Wyatt running the Fly Swat race.

Australia Day sunset...magnificent!

The most gorgeous sunsets happen every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment